Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Visiting the Washburns (February 15)


Rylie and Kade


Mom and Kade (The first picture of Kade and myself besides those lovely hospital pictures)

February 17
I borrowed a swing from my sister that goes sideways and Kade loves it. When he gets fussy and it's time for a nap it works wonders.
Kade has started smiling regularly. It seems like he is trying to talk back to Tyler and me, but of course we can't understand him. It's just nice to see him smile at us and it not be due to gas.
Last night was a good night. Kade slept 2 hours after each feeding, which means I got to sleep for 2 hour chunks. I hope that time increases....
Kade is also over his first plugged/infected tear duct. I am happy to stop rubbing ointment into his eye lid (he took it like a champ).

It's hard to believe that it is half way through the month. Hope everyone is doing well. Soon spring and summer will be here. I am looking forward to the warmer weather.


3 comments:

  1. swings are a mother's best friend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED my swing! Just wait until he is old enough for the jump-a-roo! I hope you have one of those...if not...you HAVE to get one!! I need to see your little guy in person! Maybe Nooksack will be playing in Mount Vernon this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, motherhood looks good on you. xoxox
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Tyler and Alli Mitchell

Tyler and I met in July 2005 were married August 4, 2007 and welcomed our first child, Kade Allen Mitchell on January 5th, 2009. It has been a crazy journey, but one that is definitely worth taking. To us, everything Kade does is adorable and our hearts constantly melt.